Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Former president Jonathan - 'I don't believe Dasuki stole $2.2 billion'


While responding to questions after his lecture at Oxford University yesterday, Former President Goodluck Jonathan, said he does not believe Former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, can "steal" $2.2 billion as he is being accused of by the EFCC. Responding to a question on Dasuki, Jonathan said
 “They said the National Security Adviser stole $2.2billion. I don’t believe somebody can just steal $2.2 billion. We bought warships, we bought aircraft, we bought lots of weapons for the army and so on and so forth and you are still saying 2.2 billion, so where did we get the money to buy all those things?
Yes, there were some issues. Yes, there are still corruption issues but some of it were over blown. I’d say exaggerated and they give a very bad impression about our nation. You cannot say the national security adviser stole $2.2billion. It is not just possible”.
 Dasuki was arrested last year and has been in detention since. He is to be re-arraigned in court on November 16th.

Jonathan also stated that after he signed the anti-same s*x marriage law in January 2014, no Nigerian has been discriminated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment